Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Office Office Part 2

Alright, we were at lunch break and now this is again my lunch time. Only difference is that I got really bored and dared to go out to buy a fat-free yogurt. We work in the city or as we call it here central business district (CBD). So CBD is all buildings, offices, cafes and restaurants and yeah most important PUBS! So I went out and there was excruciating heat outside so I quickly ran into an underground food court. There were so many yummy options but I forced myself to buy mango passion fruit “Fat free” yogurt (Even though curd is an English word or that’s what I think, no one except Indians understand ‘curd’ so I started calling it “Yogurt” like my angrez dost).

Haan(Yes! For those Hindi deprived people) so I came back and realized only 10 mins have passed.I still have at least 20 mins to do some time pass so as usual opened online TOI (Times of India), read the headings, entertainment section, most read column and yawn !!! Sometimes I feel that the wall clock in front of me will fall out, it can’t stand my stare anymore. Though I don’t look at it much but if I count it must be my 8th time in last 10 mins (sic). That is not much is it? And yes the 9th time now.

While typing this blog, side by side I am also refreshing my office mail as the only mail I get there is from my chinki friend. Oh no, I am not racist at all, just that this is her nick-name as she belong to one of the most beautiful state of India, Assam. The people there look a bit like Chinese (offcourse they are on border so some similarities). But this state is as Indian as any other or may be more. Her Hindi is so damn good and full of local slangs that I thought only UP guys know it. Yeah I may be little racist there :-). Point being my office life is just checking email from chinki, staring at that wall-clock; avoiding over-friendly people and doing lots of work (don’t take the last one too seriously ;-)).

Oh boy! Lunch break is over..seriously?? How come only this time the wall clock starts working properly and rest of the time looks like as if it has gone for a nap, a LONNNGGGGGG one phew !.

Sayonara!

No comments:

Post a Comment